- What is MUSCOVADO Sugar?
Muscovado is pure whole, unrefined, non-centrifugal cane sugar produced from fresh sugarcane juice without the use of any chemical. It is 100% natural, brown in color, moist and has a strong molasses flavor. Muscovado sugar comes in powder form and small sugar cubes.
- What is the shelf life of muscovado sugar?
Muscovado battles well with high temperature and has a reasonably good shelf life. The shelf life should be from 12 months if stored at a temperature of 30 degrees centigrade and 12-48 months on 20 degrees centigrade.
- Why is it healthy sugar?
Muscovado sugar is healthy because it is processed the natural way – completely free from any harmful chemicals such as phosphoric acid, formic acid, sulfur dioxide, preservatives, or any flocculants, surfactants, bleaching agents or viscosity modifiers. It is produced simply by boiling the sugarcane juice to eliminate its water content. It is nutritionally rich and retains all natural minerals and vitamins present or inherent in sugarcane juice.
Muscovado sugar contain 15 calories per 4 grams (1 tsp). The nutritive values of muscovado sugar can be compared with that of honey, viz:
NUTRIENT (Per 100 gms) HONEY MUSCOVADO Energy (cal) 307 373 Protein (g) 0.2 0.2 Carbohydrates (g) 79.2 95.9 Calcium (mg) 35 80.3 Phosphorus (mg) 14 5.7 Iron (mg) 0.8 2.48 Magnesium (mg) 0 15.5 Zinc (ppm) 0 3.01
- Can it be used as a substitute for refined white sugar?
Definitely! Muscovado sugar can be used as substitute for refined white sugar. It is perfect for breakfast cereals, making chocolates, candies, sweets and desserts. It is also best for baking rum cakes, brown breads, etc. Muscovado adds an appealing flavor when stirred into coffee or tea.
- Is it safe for consumption?
All ingredients conform to internationally laid regulations. Products are manufactured under strict quality control and good sanitary conditions.
Our company adopts internationally accepted Food Safety Management Systems:
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) – We adopt the basic requirements and practice activities that are necessary to maintain a hygienic environment and hygienic conditions for producing food which is safe and suitable for consumption.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) – We incorporate a systematic, preventive, and scientific approach to food safety.